Monday, October 25, 2010

a short dream that reveals the source of obstacles in receiving the blessings of God

i had a long series of dreams last night, many details of which had drifted from my awareness by the time i threw back the blinds this morning, but here's what i do recall...

i was in my parents' house and it snowed. when i looked outside the snow was mounted so high that i couldn't imagine getting out. so i stayed in. after what seemed like a long time i decided to risk busting my butt going down the hill and getting cold and wet to get the mail as i had been expecting something. when i went outside, it seemed no one else was hindered by the snow...in fact, no one else's house was covered! it wasn't cold out, nor was the snow even cold or wet! i didn't care to take time to track down the source of all this mess, but obviously someone had mounted a faux snow blowing machine at the address i currently reside, funny. anywho, i was glad to be outdoors and excitedly skipped down the hill to the mailbox to see if what i had been expecting had arrived. it had! i opened the mailbox to find stacks of catalogues, bridal catalogues stuffed between celebrity-type magazines/junk-mail. before even walking away from the mailbox, i contacted meghan (a good girl friend of mine) to let her know they had come and had likely been there waiting for me all along. she laughed and told me she wasn't going to wear anything sleeveless.

i just hadn't gotten to the box due to the snow, which at the time seemed a very practical excuse. so funny/sad that i wasn't really ever homebound, it was all just a facade, threatening my body with a chill that didn't exist!

okay, so what does that mean to me? what i've digested thus far is this...

1) my practical answer to living in this season has placed me at my parents' house (due to a combination of promises and conclusions, note promises are +, conclusions are -).
2) i need to consider whether my reasoning is a)fear-based (i.e. limited finances) b)has any truth at all or if it's just a facade created by the enemy to keep me from God's promises
3) have His promises already been delivered? have i simply delayed my reciept of them due to staying here, in Missouri?
4) does this particular promise that i am to ready myself to receive have anything to do with a husband?
5) if so, God, if fear were absent (and it is, 'cause i'm giving it over to YOU), where would you have me go in the interim (pre-NY)? where do you have a place for me? nashville? new york? am i to begin my international travels?
6) also, if You have readied my husband which You've been preparing a long while, is there anything you'd like to address about my heart? my past? my present? anything to heal before i am ready to receive? if so, let's do this! bring it on!
7) if not a husband, You're promises are good and are real and are prepared specially for me. ready me, ready me now! i want it ALL!

let this be an encouragement. your dreams are real and they are from your Creator. He wants to talk with you about your very real life, obsticals, challenges, hurts, dreams, lies, your future, His plans and yours. He is always with you, even in your sleep. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment