Monday, August 27, 2012

distractions prohibited (waiting in "drafts" since 2010)

i have this nagging feeling that there are big things coming, as in already on their way, nearing. in this season, i feel like my level of being blessed depends on my level of preparedness.

examples i see...

a jag driving by an owner who wants to give it away. they naturally drive past a house without a driveway. i'm saying you'd better pave your path and make a covered space. designate spaces in your life for God to fill.

i see...

ripe fruit falling from rows and rows of trees. get your blankets and baskets out to catch what's been perfected for you to enjoy, else what lays on the earth to be collected will be eaten up by the worms of the earth.

i see...

a young man looking for his bride, but overlooking her because he mistook her for taken. she did not properly draw her boundary lines (before he came).

it is important to be ready before you see your blessing coming. it is important to make space. it is important to designate or dedicate (a thing, an idea, a space, a change) to Him.

Lord, here's to those who read this and register. Ready us. Show us where to lay our blankets. Tell us when to build a garage.

You told Moses when and how to build a boat though he'd never seen rain. You told the wise men which star to follow, though Jesus had not yet been born. You told me when to leave Raleigh, though I'd not yet been laid off.

You've told me names. You've shown me political events. You've shown me battles and told me the outcome. Lord, I want to walk closer to You than ever before. If being chaste means more of You, then remove my taste for all foods. Discipline me. I want Your wisdom!

Set me on fire, and send them to watch me burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment