Friday, September 10, 2010

All In

All In

I have an amazing life! This is not specifically what I chose nor could I have dreamt this up in a million years, but I find myself again sitting in sand...holding a beautiful sleeping baby whose hair is gently blowing in the wind. The beach is mostly vacant and the only sounds are breaking waves and distant laughter. Occasionally a couple walks or runs by dusting us with a few more granules of wonderfulness. 

I am ALL IN! Daddy, if this peace I Now know is what you have for me as I obediently traded in my professional life and pride in small success from climbing a corporate latter and acquiring important sounding titles, I want more. Papa, if this great health, radiant skin, and long life are what You have for me from trading in my late nights of drinking to forget and binging on cakes, candies, and fried foods for comfort...I want more! If closing in on financial freedom is what I have in exchange for high credit limits at every retail store and overflowing closets of clothes that barely cover, I want more...more instruction, more wisdom, more freedom! 
Most people hear OBEDIENCE and wince, but I'm finding if I run straight into it, it yields more than I can fathom. 
Holy Spirit, as there's more of me to give, I surrender it to You as seed. I'm going ALL IN with expectations of a harvest I'm not capable of holding. I expect more than enough to store and 10 times more to share. 

1 comment: