Wednesday, November 17, 2010

different sort of road

i know this city where im going, but know not this road i follow
feeling every bump and peeking out beyond every curve
in hopes to see my destination
bright lights and structures touching the sky
eye
i know this city where im going, but know not this road i follow
oh
dont let these distractions cost too much
i cant pay another day
hello guy i hardly know
no
no i dont want to go your way
so
solemnly i slide away
silently i turn away
so
hurridly i pass the other way
cause im waiting for the man i sleep and wake and know of to come home
home to this city i hardly know
theres not much more than that i know
so
all i say is no
no
to the guy i hardly know
i know not these people where im going, but know this urge i follow
feeling every bump and pushing beyond every nerve
within reach of destiny
bright lights and structures reaching for the sky
eye
i know, i know not this address where im going, but know this voice i follow
oh
shake and shiver
new york winter
or to keep my nashville home
revolving door, just take me somewhere
where where where
i can call my home
baby flies and bats her eyes
walks on clouds
and woos the crowds no matter where we land
i know this city where im going, but this is a different sort of road i follow
feeling every brake and leaning into every turn
holding my breath to see my destination
city lights and elevators to the sky
eye
i hear sounds of this city where im going, but do they know this God i follow
oh
thunder claps and lightening bolts cant keep me from edging on
with His voice comes an outpouring from the sky
oh
on high
its Your dear
i call on Your name, spare me from pain
i know im not making this move in vain
so lead me in my sleep
show me in shallow what many count as deep
i dream of this city You sent me
reveal to me secrets of this road i follow
so
walk me into Your city
beyond every bump beyond every turn
show me Your city tonight when i close my eyes
bright lights and mansions in the sky
breath on me so that a simple touch will open their eyes
Lord, touch this city where im going
let them know Youre the One to follow
blow on this different sort of road

No comments:

Post a Comment