Tuesday, September 28, 2010

like a dream

today, after taking my sister lunch i received a call from her to come over to a friend's place "Cloverdale Ranch" where she was house-sitting to pilfer through some antique jewerly she had been presented with by a friend who was purging. this didn't initially spark any recollection of things that my dreams are made of, regardless, i went because i love my sister and also was curious about said jewelry.

i got there. i walked with her through the massive house to the garden where we trimmed some basil and lavender. when we came back in, she pointed toward the front room where she had placed the antique jewelry stash, telling me to go ahead and look through and and take whatever i want as my own.

i walked to the couch, still without any thought of coorilation. i sat down and shuttered. there beside me was a paper bag, just like that in my dream (of former blog, "spoils of war"). i reached in and pulled out piece after piece of jewelry that was once worn by people who lived and were vibrant, now (judging by the style and age of these pieces) were likely dead and gone.

i handled each piece with care and have since left with a few gems as proof to myself of manifestation of His promises.

1 comment:

  1. eeek!

    you need to read my blog today, because one of my dreams materialized too ;)

    ReplyDelete